UNC CAUSE 2010 is filled with some absolutely awesome presentations and presenters. And that’s not even everything. The Un-Con is going to be going on as well, so there will always be something for everyone. Register today to reserve your spot!
Our keynotes are first class awesome! We have some great speakers this year, so come check them out!
- Opening Keynote – Stop, Collaborate, Listen – John Leydon, CIO
- Social Media Panel featuring Wayne Sutton, Adam Covati and Leslie Dare
How do you use technology to keep your students engaged? Come tell us about your solution to enhance their educational experience and keep them listening instead of tuned out.
- A Story of Openness: How Faculty Partnerships Drive the LMS
- 2010 Classroom Summit Exchange
- UNC-CH Poll Everywhere Pilot: Clickers without the Clickers
- Delivering Digital Classroom Content
- Learning Space Smackdown
- Alternate Reality Games on Campus
- Western Carolina University – What’s in Your Briefcase
Leadership and Management
Strong leadership is the cornerstone of successful projects and initiatives. What strategies, technologies or methodologies have enhanced or shaped your leadership role on campus?
- Getting Your Message Out: Communicating with your customers
- Carolina Counts: An Update on the Bain Consulting Report
- How Do You Manage (to) and Lead Your Help Desk?
- Utilizing Student Expertise to Provide IT Support
- UNC CPI Workstation Standards
- Ten Strategies in Navigating Your Success
- Quality Development for All Employees on a Shoestring Budget
- Going the Distance without Leaving Your Desk
- Rightsizing Project Tracking and Management
- IT Assessment Tools and Strategies
- Content Strategy for the Web, or Read My Lips(um)
- Everything Old is New Again
Social Media and Emerging Technologies
Facebook, YouTube, mobile, OH MY! People are communicating in new and innovative ways, so how are you keeping up? Have innovative ideas that have helped you connect and engage? Come share them with us.
- Yammer Time! – Creating Collaboration, Conversation and Culture
- How We Drupal, How Do You Drupal?
- Going Mobile On Campus
- Social Media Goes to College: Building Your Campus Community
- Google Apps for Education User Group
- What’s That Building? Using Google Maps API to Create a Campus Map
- Where U At? Location-Based Services for Higher Education
Security and Compliance
Security and privacy are a primary concern on college campuses everywhere (Hello, Facebook?) How are you keeping that critical information private, while shaping your governance structure?
- Email Archiving: What The Governor’s Directive Means to the UNC System
- Software Asset Management: Collaboration and Control
- Identity and Access Management
- After the Breach
- Office of the State Auditor IS Audit Update
- Computer Incident Response Framework
Can you multitask like a champ? Come tell us how technology has streamlined your complicated processes so that you can write email and chew gum at the same time!
- Agile in Higher Education IT: Myths and Methods
- Ante Up! Use Planning Poker to Prioritize Your Collaborative Projects
- Proactive Process Prevention: Define IT Services Through Data
This isn’t about building the Millennium Falcon out of LEGOs…it’s about how your servers and networks keep the bytes flowing. Come share your experience about virtualization, scaling, network architecture, and the rest of the infrastructure that keeps the wheels turning on your IT machine.
- If You’ve Got a Problem, Yo – I’ll Solve It: Using Tools to Solve Network Problems
- Virtual Server BOF
- Active Directory BOF
- Virtual Computing Lab BOF
- Data Center Disaster Recovery Unplugged
- IPTV Panel
- Kace/KBOX BOF
- Apple BOF
- Battle Against Sensitive Data Leakage
- Using VoIP to Enhance Mass Emergency Notifications
- Mac Management Made Easy – The Casper way
- Wireless Networking BOF
Enterprise business applications keep us all paid and employed, and who doesn’t like that?! How have you implemented business applications to improve efficiency, collaboration, and communication on your campus?
- Implementing eProcurement and eInvoice – A Case Study
- Student Organization Web Application
- Document Management at East Carolina University
* Schedule subject to change prior to the conference start